Sunday, June 3, 2012

3 June 2012

Weight: 174.4

Well, the scale is up today even though I know my calories in vs calories out equation should have yielded a weight loss.  I put my food into a calorie counter, roughtly, and it spit out 1200, so I'm going to say 1500 max... add an hour plus walk and 2 15 minute yoga sessions plus the baby and I should have at least a 1000 calorie deficit.  Oh well.  That is not how I'm handling this month, but it's an interesting and frustrating observation.  I do have to admit that I had a couple of small cheats from paleo and i do consider them quite small.  Yesterday I started the morning with an "out of the box bakery" chocolate chip cookie and coffee.  some sugar in the chocolate, but mostly paleo-type ingredients.  For lunch I had one of my power supply meals (chicken, cucumbers and tomaotes) - did not really like it, but oh well.  For dinner, I had a small bowl of the leftover potroast and I did eat a few more of the potatoes than I did the day before... and i had an out of the box cupcake for dessert and gave the last one to a friend so they wouldn't get "fridgy".  At that point, I was about where I was diet-wise the day before - if you substitute the apple for the cookie - but then we went to Mad Fox brewery.  I sampled each of the 8 craft brews - and I do mean "sample"... I just took a couple sips to share the tasting experience with Adam.  I also had 2 pieces (leaving what was left of the crust, but it was a very thin crust pizza) of this fig, bleu cheese, balsalmic glaze, bacon pizza.  I'm proud of myself for not eating a lot of the pizza - I know I wasn't going to cheat - but come on... that's a pretty impressive pizza and even though my experiment is paleo diet, I figured a cheat might be sort of kind of allowed when you're that far under your estimated calorie expenditure?  Oh well... the scale didn't like it.  A cheat's a cheat!  Better luck tomorrow - first day of the new job.  I got a really great almost new suit at the thrift shop yesterday that will fit great in 5-10 lbs, depending on how much of that weight is belly fat.  I'll take it to the tailor shop to be hemmed when and if the number at the top of this page is under 170!

No comments:

Post a Comment